A special message from Anne Marie and Mike
First and foremost, we thank you for your interest in coming to the Tandem Bike Inn. Whether you are a valued returning guest or a new customer, we appreciate your trust in us to provide a safe, relaxing, and enjoyable environment. These are unprecedented times of change and adjustment; this change is not easy and hopefully only temporary. We hope to be back to our usual services very soon.
“A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is instead of what you think it should be… and making the best of it. “
When we developed our new temporary guidelines for 2020, we thought of the quote above. Many of these changes came after hours of debating and measuring their value and the safety of our guests.
We ask that each guest please carefully review our new guidelines, which are based on the guidelines published by the CDC.
As the CDC adjusts its guidelines, so will we. Thank you again for choosing the Tandem Bike Inn. In the spirit of making the best of it, here we go!
Two ways to enter
- Our new digital key allows guests to have a contact-less arrival experience. Prior to your arrival and via the email you provided when you made your reservation, we will share a mobile app. You will need to install this app on your phone to use our front door lock. Once installed you can set an access code, unlock the door using your phone, and set the door to automatically unlock when you arrive.
- Not comfortable installing and using the app? No problem. We will also provide you with a code to the front door lock when you arrive. Please call or text (203-364-7119) upon arrival and we will explain the new check-in process.
- The side porch door will not be accessible for guests.
Health & Safety
- Masks are required in all common areas (i.e. living room, hallways, front porch, driveway, etc.). Please bring a mask with you, wear it when you check-in, and wear it in all areas of our home where you might contact other guests or the TBI family. If you do not wish to wear a mask, we respectfully request that you delay making your reservation or cancel/reschedule to a date once the current health crisis is behind us. Thank you in advance for your compliance and consideration.
- We are requesting that guests take a break from shaking hands and hugging the TBI family. This is tough!
- We are physical distancing. Guests and TBI family are required practice physical distancing of at least six feet from others while inside and on the TBI grounds. Sideporch tables, the high-top bar, and rocking chairs on the front porch are arranged to ensure appropriate distancing and comply with or exceed local and state recommendations.
- All guests and TBI family will be monitored for signs of symptoms.
- If within 14 days after leaving the TBI you become ill, please inform us so we may take appropriate action.
Food at the Inn
- The dining room is temporarily closed. Currently, no self-service buffet or hot breakfast will be available.
- Our side porch dining area is open for take-out dining. Tables are limited and socially distanced.
- Select food will be delivered to your room. The baked good of the day, whole fruit, fruit salad, bottles of water and afternoon cookies will be delivered to your guest room door. Individual coffee makers are provided in each room and an assortment of pods and coffee/tea supplies are provided.
- Ice is still available upon request and available for contactless delivery.
- Belmar has some great restaurants. The owners of these establishments have set up their facilities in accordance with state and local occupancy rules (take-out only or a reduction to 25% capacity). While we will try our best to arrange reservations, we cannot guarantee success due to limited capacity.
- We have always provided exceptionally clean rooms and amenities for our guests. Nothing about this has changed.
- All bathroom towels, facecloths, and bathmats are removed and replaced between guests. You can request fresh towels during your stay.
- All bedding, including sheets, pillowcases, shams, blankets, and bedspreads, are laundered between guests.
- To ensure maximum quality control and cleanliness, all laundry is done on the premises by the TBI family using bleach and sanitizer.
- We use disinfectant products that have been pre-approved and certified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use against emerging viruses, bacteria, and other airborne pathogens.
- Your room will be cleaned and disinfected with our EPA-approved antibacterial cleaners prior to your arrival with a focus on all high-touch areas (e.g., switches and electronic remote controls, handles and knobs, bathroom surfaces, hard surfaces). To keep these areas clean during your stay surface cleaning and sanitizing wipes are provided in your room.
- If you are staying more than one day, we will be picking up trash and used towels outside your door and providing new supplies at your door. Our housekeepers will not be entering your room during your stay.
- The TBI information books, normally found in your guest room, have been removed. You will be provided with a PDF version prior to check-in.
- We have provided hand sanitizer in your room and encourage you to wash your hands frequently and use the hand sanitizer. Please do not remove the hand sanitizer from your room.
- If you require any service in your room (e.g., plumbing, electrical, TV, internet, air conditioners) we will ask you to temporarily vacate the room during service.
- We have increased regular deep cleaning and disinfecting schedules to multiple times per day with our EPA-approved antibacterial cleaners of all high touch surfaces inside and outside the building (e.g., railings, door handles, light switches, tables, chairs).
- We are providing hand sanitizer in common areas.
- Only registered guests will be allowed on the property, including our driveway, parking area, front porch, living room, hallways, and guest rooms.
- For the safety of other guests, please do not gather in large groups in the guest rooms, common areas, or on the front porch.
Amenities & Equipment
- Beach tags will be supplied this year and are including with your reservation.
- Beach towels will be supplied in your room. We are happy to replace these upon request.
- Use of TBI bikes and beach equipment are available upon request. Please allow 30 minutes for sanitizing.
- We will charge the credit card you provided at the time of your reservation via our secure online system, eliminating the need to physically handle your credit card and process your charges in-person.
Additional Guest Safety Measures
- If a guest or member of the TBI family tests positive for COVID-19, all guests will be immediately informed and have the option to check-out and receive a refund for the balance of their scheduled stay.
- We require guests to stay home if you feel unwell or believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19. There is no charge to cancel your reservation 14 days before your arrival date. If you need to cancel your reservation inside our 14-day free cancellation window, we will provide a gift certificate for a future stay.
We greatly appreciate your support during this unprecedented situation. With your help and cooperation, we believe we can provide a safe and healthy environment. We look forward to seeing you very soon.
Stay safe and be well,
Anne Marie and Mike